1. Last night before youth group started, one of the little girls from Awana gave me a drawing she had made. There is no more precious gift in all the world than a drawing by a child. It hangs proudly in my office :) I love the children at my church. They are a precious gift from God.
2. Last night after youth group, I prayed with a young guy who really wants his life to be fully committed to the Lord. It is so exciting witnessing a young person who gets it. Its so encouraging, because it serves as a strong reminder to look at my own priorities--not just what I say my priorities are, but what priorities come out in the way I live.
3. I have amazing youth leaders. I still have so much growing to do! I am so rough around the edges, and in a lot of ways, I'm still pretending that I know what I'm doing. One thing I am very poor at is leading my leaders--defining their role and giving them direction. I need to work on that, but thank God, I have a bunch of go-getters! My leaders have really made this their own, and are bringing their giftedness to their roles in their own unique ways. There is a girls all nighter coming up that I have had no part in planning. Its going to be a great event thanks to the awesome ladies leading.
4. I get to spend time with some of the coolest people I've ever met--real godly, wise leaders that enjoy spilling their wisdom into me--like Pastor Skip, Larry, our Shepherd team, and my Youth Pastor friend,Tim. I also get to minister alongside my peers and watch how God moves as we gain from each others strengths. I'm enjoying growing in friendship with these partners in ministry--Dustin and CJ mean more to me than they know.
5. My youth group. Sometimes, during games, I'll just pause and look out over the youth that God has given us, and smile. These are amazing people, each in a different place with Jesus, but each of us desperately needing him. I love them all, and pray that Christ will continually grow that love ever deeper.