"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Driving on dims

God taught me something last night as I talked to a friend. I never thought of myself as a worrier, in fact, I always thought I did a pretty good job of staying away from worrying. I have recently realized that I've been wrong. I am a worrier, but today I am at peace. A thing My friend and I talked about last night is how our human nature is all about the question "Why?" when it comes to listening to God, when God often only wants to give us the "What". For instance, I do believe that God has told me to take this position as a youth pastor, and the question in my head is a loud Why? God hasn't answered that question yet, and I really don't know if or when he will. He has revealed the What, and that's all I really need to know. Am I going to trust him? Am I going to accept this what and let him handle the why. I think we are all like people driving with only our parking lights on in the pitch black of night when it comes to listening to God. We can only see four feet in front of us and we are scared of crashing. Yet God sees the whole road and He's telling us where to go, telling us to simply trust and see where he leads. Let me assure you that the road has wild life scampering across, is covered in pot holes and even a couple road blocks, but God sees them all and just tells us to keep on driving and to listen to him. He enjoys his role as navigator. I am glad he is the navigator, I never was good with directions anyway.

No comments: