"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Monday, May 23, 2005

Photograph

How I long to hold your hand,
I don't think you understand...,
worn out photo in my hand
of you and I together

We've been apart for so long,
my heart sings sad, soft songs,
I thought you were my other half,
but God made me whole.

I wonder how your days go by
do you laugh, do you cry?
Do you miss me like I miss you,
Do you think of me when you hear a tune
through the static on the radio?

Why do the right things seem to hurt the most?
The pain haunts me as a ghost.
But I'll make it, and I'll boast,
"I'm whole, he leads me."

He takes me back to the joys.
Your soft, and sweet giggle,
and your smile,
They were shared with me for a while.

Through this all He's taught me so much.
Perhaps I'll learn to love again,
This chapter is done, but the story has no end.
The author of life wrote on until forever.

I hope you know I love you still,
I'll never regret a moment we had,
Thinking of you I shouldn't be sad,
I look at the worn out photo in my hand and smile.

No comments: