"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I need a bath

my mind is everywhere yet nowhere at the same time. Its packed full, yet I can't concentrate on a thing. the words I want to say are nowhere to be found. I'm not content with the things I should be content with, and far to content with the things i shouldn't even tolerate. I've become a walking contradiction, a joke of myself. I get mad at God for the blessings he gives me, yet i am happy to walk my own path, even as i stumble into trees and pot holes. while choosing the path between faith and sight, I give Robert Frost a swift kick in the groin and say, "I'll take the road most traveled, thank you very much!" I call myself a shepherd, but i don't know how to love. I'm suppose to be a leader, but the blind can't lead the blind. Jesus is supposed to be my first love, but sometimes I think the TV even beats him out. They will know me by my fruit. what if my branches have been plucked clean? One moment I know exactly where God wants me, and the next I don't got a clue, or is it that i just don't want a clue. how can i hate who i am, yet love myself with a blatent selfishness. does this rusty bucket have a hole? it seems to me that the water is leaking and i am left parched.

Let your tide come in and sweep me off my feet. surround me with your water, fill my lungs. Flowing, pulling, pushing,tugging,ripping. Juggle me in your currents, sting my eyes. Drown me so I can live again. i need your water. oh, how i want your water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel

ty said...

hey "me" I don't know who you are, but thank you for your comment. I went to your profile and i see that you are a bruchko fan. good book, probably my favorite.

Anonymous said...

actually you do know who i am, i'm allie; i used to post on my blog as "me" because i was too scared to use my real name. if you went to my profile now you'd see that i've started to use my real name