"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blood Money

I watched the movie Blood Money this evening.  I left me swelling with emotion.  I am livid with anger, burning with empathy, and desperately saddened.  What really hurts in watching this movie is that one of the seventh grade girls from youth group--an innocent, joyful, young girl--came to see this movie and was exposed to the great evils of our country.  I am glad she saw it, but it hurts.  Because this sin so rampantly penetrates our society, it is necessary for young people to see truth, even gruesome truth. It is best that they know the truth now, so that they will be ready to take a stand for whats right when that time comes.  It rips out my heart that twelve year old girls are being extorted to make decisions to end life; facing unfathomable pressures from every angle--family, doctors, friends, counselors, and boy friends to terminate a life; facing these pressures from those who should be walking with them in their vulnerable, fearful place and supporting them in the difficult decision to preserve life.  Millions of lives destroyed because of a brilliantly crafted lie fueled by greed for money and the fires of hell itself. 

My anger does not lie with the women who have been deceived into taking the life of their child.  I deeply hurt for them, and desire to show them the love of the God who can forgive them and bring them the peace they need.  My anger is that so many are being deceived into believing such pure evil is good.  How can humanity, the image bearers of God, live out such evil?  This is our depravity, this is our condition without Christ.  My anger is with the deceiver and I want to penetrate his dark lies with the burning light of truth.

To think of the discarded body of a baby, an image bearer of God, in the bowl of a toilet; it ruins me.

  If you are a human being you need to watch this movie. 

 

No comments: