"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sisters


I have two younger sisters.  I couldn't be more proud of each of them.  I am constantly being challenged by their love for God and humble submission to the Spirit's leading in their lives.  It has been a treat to watch them grow up and see the ways God has--and is--using them.  Since I'm the oldest, I often feel as if I'm supposed to be the spiritual example, but I'm learning so much from them.  They both blog here and here.

Lyss works with a ministry called Living Hope in NE Minneapolis.  She reaches out to young people who have seen things I can only imagine.  Poverty, violence, and brokenness are a reality to these kids, but because Lyss has experienced the living hope of Jesus Christ, she and the ministry she is a part of bring hope to what the world would call hopeless and helpless.  To get an idea of Alyssa's heart, check out this blog post.

I would invite you to consider how you might partner with the ministry of Living Hope.  If you feel stirred to support Lyss or Living Hope financially, through prayer, or in any other way, you can find more info at Lyss's blog.

No comments: