"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." 1 Peter 3:15

Friday, June 02, 2006

a hole in your pocket

Its funny how I never knew I gave you my heart until i found that it was missing. And the ironic thing is, you didn't know you had it either. so one day, as you skipped down the street towards the chapel, it fell from your pocket and shatered there on the ground. I picked it up, and dusted it off. My, how fragile a heart is. Though I try and try, the pieces jus't dont seem to fit together just right. And so it sits guarded, afterall, it's weaker now, it broke once, so it most definitely could break again. I could be mad, I could despise you, and I regretfully admit that there is a part of me that wants to, but I don't. Just a misplaced heart that fell from your pocket, its hardly your fault. I always have been a bit absent minded, always have been one to misplace things.

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.--Proverbs 4:23

No comments: